SE Solutions’ corporate team is seeking a Facility Security Officer (FSO) in our Tysons Corner, Virginia office. Your primary responsibilities will be to manage the process to move our candidates and employees through the required security processes and on to active contract performance as efficiently as possible. You must be a highly motivated and well-organized individual with prior FSO experience administering U.S. government security policies and procedures. You must have a depth of experience and knowledge in facilitating all tiers of security investigations (i.e. - Tier 1 through Tier 5) for public trust suitability and for access to national security classified information. You must have the ability to develop and maintain successful working relationships with government customers and their personnel security offices. This position will work in the Washington DC metropolitan area during core business hours.
• You will lead and manage SE Solutions’ security program and will maintain SE Solutions’ Top Secret facility clearance.
• You will significantly contribute to the company’s delivery and performance by leading and facilitating the security on-boarding process. Specifically, this will include:
o Providing each candidate with an understanding of security related processes and provide guidance to assist them in obtaining the necessary Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Entry on Duty (EOD), or other Agency public trust suitability determinations quickly;
o Establishing and maintaining a relationship with candidates in process for a security clearance or EOD by providing guidance, reviewing their documentation, ensuring proper paperwork submission, and tracking their security status;
o Developing and maintaining a tracking methodology for all candidates/employees in process for a security clearance or EOD that is current and includes each candidate, their known status and progress, and a record of all communications and correspondence;
o Ensuring SE Solutions’ understanding of a candidate’s security status is consistent with the status of the government’s personnel security office; and
o Maintaining weekly contact with employees and candidates to ensure all necessary security related actions are completed and that they are compliant with any requests from the government personnel security office.
• You will establish relationships with SE Solutions’ Defense Security Service (DSS) representative and members of the Personnel Security Units within various DHS components to ensure we are most efficiently processing candidates for security clearances or EOD.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. citizen and possess an active Top Secret security clearance from the DoD. The candidate must be capable of coordinating highly sensitive aspects of the DoD, DHS, or other industrial security programs and other security activities, ensuring compliance with government and company security policies and procedures. This position requires leadership abilities to act as a liaison with upper management, customers, employees, and government agencies.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience as an FSO or Security Specialist supporting government contractors;
• Bachelor’s degree;
• Completion of all DSS required security training courses;
• Broad knowledge of federal government facility and personnel security requirements;
• Thorough knowledge of the government clearance process and experience working with the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), e-QIP, Secure Web Fingerprint Transmission (SWFT), and National Industrial Security System (NISS), and is required;
• Experience in facilitating all tiers of security investigations (i.e. - Tier 1 through Tier 5) for public trust suitability and for access to national security classified information;
• Ability to manage complex situations, along with a demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks while still meeting deadlines;
• Experience with DSS audits preferred;
• Experience in reviewing contracts at all levels (from proposal to close out) to identify security requirements and then assure compliance;
• Ability to maintain excellent relationships with government agencies, prime contractors, subcontractors, customers, and other security officers;
• Demonstrated experience with both DSS and DHS representing a federal contractor(s) in security management;
• Experience with personnel security, document control, security education, and training; and
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite – specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Manage all aspects of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP);
• Ensure National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM) compliance;
• Supervise daily security activities, including oversight of the personnel, information, and physical and security awareness;
• Enforce government and company security policies and provide oversight of the day-to-day operations;
• Secure and maintain personnel security records;
• Develop and conduct general and program specific briefings;
• Develop and execute security education programs;
• Create and update security plans, procedures, and instructions;
• Lead the Insider Threat Program;
• Establish and maintain working relationships with government agencies to include interface with the DSS, DoD, and DHS sponsors;
• Act as a primary liaison with management and customers regarding security issues to ensure compliance of applicable government regulations;
• Work with contracts department to ensure compliance with all prime contract and subcontract security requirements, including the generation, completion, and tracking of all required DD254 forms;
• Act as point of contact for day-to-day security questions and issues that arise;
• Lead self-inspections to confirm current compliance status and work with management to determine a mitigation strategy for instances of non-compliance;
• Prepare for and facilitate DSS inspections and assessments;
• Investigate and report security violations/adverse information reports with the cognizant government agency;
• Conduct security interviews with candidates to assess their qualifications;
• Prepare and submit candidate EOD paperwork to DHS agencies;
• Track and follow-up with EOD candidates to ensure timely processing of paperwork;
• Perform JPAS check to validate existing clearances for candidates;
• Conduct eQIP, initial and periodic reinvestigation maintenance;
• Initiate and assess pre-employment Background Screenings; and
• Fingerprint employees or candidates, as required.
Clearance Requirement – Active Top Secret
Strategic Enterprise Solutions, Inc. (SE Solutions), is a small business serving federal agencies that protect our nation’s security and defend our fellow citizens’ safety. We bring homeland security experience, organizational agility, and multidisciplinary expertise to help our clients respond to a rapidly changing threat landscape, accomplish today’s mission, and anticipate tomorrow’s demands. For more information, visit http://www.sesolutions.com.