SE Solutions Cyber security professionals support federal agencies in the development and application of a comprehensive management approach to achieving OMB Circular, FISMA, DHS, FEMA, and NIST compliance and best practices objectives.
As a senior member of one of our DHS support teams, you will play an important role authoring and updating a wide array of Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) documentation. You will support Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) policy and procedure synergies across the Cyber Security Division (CSD) that:
* Assess the organization’s existing IT security program, work products, and tools in relation to key agency missions, security goals, and objectives
* Develop, engineer, and implement sustainable security solutions designed to address program gaps
* Assess and articulate risk in relation to mission/business objectives and processes
* Facilitate agency awareness of current IT security infrastructures and recommend programmatic and system actions to improve the agency IT security posture
* Ensure the automated monitoring of information system assets through Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) tools and sensors
* Maintain an asset inventory of hardware and software within the program/development offices or field site facility
* Ensure that security requirements for the assigned major application or general support system are being or shall be met
* Ensure that requests for Security Authorization (SA), also commonly referred to as Assessment & Authorization (A&A) or Certification and Accreditation (C&A)) of assigned major application or general support systems is completed in accordance with the published procedures
* Coordinate the development of a Contingency Plan and ensuring that the plan is tested and maintained
* Ensure risk analyses are completed to determine cost-effective and essential safeguards in alignment with government and industry best practice (e.g. NIST 800-30, 37, 39)
* Ensure preparation of security plans for sensitive systems and networks
* Reporting IT security incidents (including computer viruses) in accordance with established procedures
* Report security incidents not involving IT resources to the appropriate security office
* Represent the security team as part of change management for assigned information systems
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher; preferably in English, Communications, Marketing, or Technology.
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience
* 6 or more years, authoring high-level, strategic policies and procedures; preferably within information technology and cyber security domains or the initiation of operations and maintenance programs.
* Familiarity with one or more of the following: DHS Directive 4300A, NIST Special Pubs, or Cybersecurity Programs
* Must demonstrate excellent writing proficiency preferably in policy development
The candidate should be able to support a minimum of the following areas listed:
* Correlate Department / Component documentation to business processes and the application of any and all laws and regulations that may have an impact upon the Department / Component
* Assist in identifying strategies to improve compliance with Federal and DHS written requirements
* Support creation and approval of detailed work plans as required by FEMA OCIO
Strategic Enterprise Solutions, Inc. (SE Solutions), is a small business serving federal agencies that protect our nation’s security and defend our fellow citizens’ safety. We bring homeland security experience, organizational agility, and multidisciplinary expertise to help our clients respond to a rapidly changing threat landscape, accomplish today’s mission, and anticipate tomorrow’s demands. For more information, visit http://www.sesolutions.com.