Our Technology Solutions division is searching for a Security Analyst to support a government customer on site in Washington, DC. The primary responsibilities for the position are to identify management, operational, and technical security controls for FIPS-199 High cloud based systems against Federal and DHS guidelines and policies; and provides input to aligns technical solutions and security requirements with business needs. The nature of the work requires that the candidate demonstrate initiative, organization, responsibility, customer service skills, and the ability to be flexible and adaptive to a fast-paced, fluid business environment. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively and decisively with all levels of the organization and be able to solve practical problems as well as exercise sound judgement with regards to sensitive and confidential information.
- Document security requirements and translate them into a Concept of Operations (CONOPS).
- Reviews designs and implementations of secure interface specifications between interconnected systems.
- Develops and implements security procedures that meet security objectives of a FIPS-199 High system.
- Formulates security architecture recommendations and designs security controls for a cloud based system.
- Identifies, develops, and implements protection needs for the information system including network transport and data assurance.
- Provides detailed specifications for technical needs of infrastructure, and provides input on security infrastructure requirements.
- Oversees established procedures during the implementation of security controls to ensure others adhere to DHS policy in accordance to regulatory guidelines.
- Verifies and validates network configuration by thoroughly reviewing network/system design and using technical knowledge to detect errors and inaccuracies.
- Verifies systems security baseline against application interoperability and resolves hardware/software interface interoperability problems.
- Identifies protection needs for information system(s) and network(s) and documents appropriately by conducting a detailed gap analysis between the as is and to be systems.
- Uses basic data gathering skills to document design specifications and user needs; reports findings that contribute to the systems development lifecycle (SDLC) and enterprise architecture activities and decisions (e.g., selecting appropriate security designs and architecture/system components to assist others in developing system designs and processes).
- Ensures security architecture and policies are followed through the following six domains: secure interfaces (data-in-motion), secure management, secure monitoring, secure data-at-rest, and access control within a system.
- Ensures compliance with data security policies and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares final analysis report of the associated system to identify residual risk and any potential impact on the confidentiality, integrity and/or availability for OIG’s security posture.
- Prepares final system documentation for the controls implementation and provides artifacts demonstrating the controls effectiveness and identified gaps.
- Supports all SDLC documentation steps required for approval of Authorization to Operate (ATO), completion of the system security package, and acceptance of final operating capability.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in an IT-related field
- Minimum of 1 Security Certification (CCSK, GCCC, GSE, GSEC, GCED, SSCP, CCSP, etc.)
- Minimum of 1 Technical Certification (AWS, Azure, GCWN, CPPA, MCSE, etc.)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience designing and implementing network, data security, and system solutions for DHS or other Federal Agencies
- Minimum of 1 year of experience designing and implementing FedRAMP based systems
- Experience providing project briefs to senior executives
A Secret clearance or higher is not required but preferred.
About SE Solutions
Strategic Enterprise Solutions, Inc. (SE Solutions), is a small business serving federal agencies that protect our nation’s security and defend our fellow citizens’ safety. We bring homeland security experience, organizational agility, and multidisciplinary expertise to help our clients respond to a rapidly changing threat landscape, accomplish today’s mission, and anticipate tomorrow’s demands. For more information, visit http://www.sesolutions.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.